2021 APPLICATIONS CLOSED
TEAM ZOOT is a family of like-minded athletes from around the USA and Europe. Established in 2008, TEAM ZOOT represents what being a triathlete is all about. ACCEPTANCE EMAILS WILL BE SENT OUT FIRST WEEK OF NOVEMBER.
WHO IS TEAM ZOOT?
TEAM ZOOT is about Ohana. Formed in 2008, the team is comprised of everyone from beginner triathletes to seasoned Kona qualifiers. Zooters are a friendly bunch who train and race hard but also enjoy the journey. If you’re the kind of athlete who thanks volunteers on race day, smiles and even laughs when the going gets tough, then you have what it takes to be a part of the team. We rely on TEAM ZOOT for product feedback as we are constantly improving and evolving the very best triathlon gear available.
WHY DOES ZOOT HAVE A TEAM?
Our #1 goal is to create a community around triathlon. We want to connect seasoned veterans and beginners. Our priority is to create a support system for athletes of all levels. We also rely on our Team to help us improve apparel design by often reaching out for feedback. By being part of the team, you are also part of Zoot and we value your feedback.
DO YOU NEED TO BE FAST OR PODIUM TO BE ON THE TEAM?
No, you do not need to be speedy fast or place on the podium in races. It is more important to us at Zoot that you love the sport of triathlon and want to share your passion for the sport with others. TEAM ZOOTERS encourage others on and off the course!
HOW BIG IS TEAM ZOOT?
TEAM ZOOT has 10 different regions across the USA with a captain in each region. The captain’s job in the region is to bring members together to train, race, share information, and have fun together! Each region will have approximately 200 members. We believe having larger numbers will create a stronger community on and off the race course.
WHAT DOES IT COST TO JOIN TEAM ZOOT AND WHAT DOES IT INCLUDED?
There are no membership fees to join Team Zoot. As a member of the team you are required to race in team gear which will be available for preorder in November. You must purchase either a 1 or 2 piece race kit which is unique to team Zoot. All items on the team store will be available at a heavy discount for the team. You can purchase as much or as little additional custom items from the team store at that time. New gear always feels good! TEAM ZOOTERS also enjoy the following benefits:
- Custom TEAM ZOOT only cycling, swim and running gear at a deep discount
- A standing year long discount on every item Zoot offers from our website. Save on the latest releases and already discounted items in our sale section.
- Team-only discounts with our sponsor partners. You are not required to train/race with affiliated sponsor gear/nutrition, but we have the best partners in the industry and you will want to use their products.
- TEAM ZOOT gatherings in your region and at races, social rides, happy hours, features on our website & partner brand promotions throughout the year
WHAT DOES ZOOT EXPECT FROM YOU AS A ZOOTER?
- Introduce the sport of triathlon to at least one new person. You can bring a friend or family member who has never watched a race to a triathlon. You can encourage someone to toe the line at a sprint triathlon. You can teach an intro to tri swim or transition clinic. The possibilities are endless when you love the sport of triathlon and want to share it with others.
- Plan to race at least 1 triathlon throughout the 2021 season
- Race exclusively in the TEAM ZOOT KIT
- We don’t require an Instagram or Facebook account but if you have one and really like a particular item we offer, share it! Follow Zoot Sports on social media and tag #teamzoot.
- Race clean and follow the rules of the race
- Encourage and be respectful of other athletes
- THANK the volunteers!
- MOST IMPORTANTLY, SMILE AND HAVE FUN!
WHO ARE THE TEAM ZOOT PARTNERS FOR 2021
We have not finalized our partners for 2021 but are looking forward to announcing returning partners and new partners! 2020 partners included Quintana Roo, ENVE, Garmin, Smith, Gatorade Endurance, Speedfil, BASE Salt, Zelios, BOCO gear, Power Dot, IRC Tires, Amp Human, Picky Bars, Form goggles and Athletic Brewing.